In the legal profession, it is essential to be a part of an organization that supports you. The Dade County Bar Association (DCBA) supports its members in many ways, but some of the most important aspects are the abundant networking opportunities, high quality and timely continuing legal education, and leadership development opportunities for attorneys, to help you GROW your practice, GAIN experience and GIVE back.
As the largest lawyer network in Miami-Dade County and the largest voluntary bar association in Florida, the DCBA provides the contacts and services you need to be successful in your practice. Whether you are in a small firm or large firm, practice in the area of family law or tax law, the DCBA can help you in your practice. Click here for an overview of member benefits and contact us if you have any questions about membership or benefits.
The Dade County Bar Association is the largest voluntary bar association in Florida, and the voice for Miami-Dade County’s diverse legal community. Founded in the early 1900’s, and officially incorporated in 1920, the DCBA’s goal is to support and inform the county’s lawyers, as well as the public and the community at large. We advocate for efforts to preserve the separation of powers of legislative bodies and our judicial system. Our programs help citizens of Miami-Dade County find qualified lawyers, receive free legal assistance, and learn about their legal rights and responsibilities. The DCBA, with its XX sections, committees and divisions, provides its members with education and tools to expand and enrich their practices. With the XX hours of quality continuing legal education available each year, exceptional publications, mentorship programs and networking opportunities, as well as benefits like discounted pricing on insurance, credit card processing, business attire and more, the DCBA is dedicated to serving Miami-Dade County’s lawyers. The DCBA is headquartered in downtown Miami, steps from the historic Dade County Courthouse.
The Dade County Bar Association’s mission is to be the voice of Miami-Dade County’s legal profession, serving the public and the bar by promoting equal justice, professionalism and civility, and excellence and respect for the law.
The goals of the DCBA are as follows:
- To serve the needs of our membership.
- To advocate for improvements to the justice system.
- To provide leadership for the legal profession and the community.
- To raise and maintain the ethical and professional standards of conduct of the bar.
- To educate the public about the justice system and the legal profession.
- To preserve the independence of the judiciary.
- To promote meaningful access to justice for all people, of any economic or social condition.
- To promote diversity within the legal profession.
- To promote responsibility for public service by lawyers.
- To build and maintain a strong financial and organizational infrastructure to carry out the goals of the Association.